Breakfasts are special at Little York Bed & Breakfast. Start your day with the aroma of fresh baking and freshly brewed coffee. Come downstairs to our morning sun filled dining room and sip a cup while watching the pastoral setting, reading the local paper or planning your day. Then, savor the flavor of a homemade breakfast. Your full breakfast will consist of juice, fresh fruit, cereal, a hot breakfast entrée, freshly baked breakfast pastries and homemade jams, all from Robert’s grandmother’s recipes.
A true “Maritimer”, Robert Jourdain returned home to the east coast in 2003. After purchasing the Large property, he began moderate renovations holding true to the home’s cozy island charm. Then in 2006, after many years honing his craft working in the hospitality industry, he decided to open his home to the public to share his passion for hospitality. When not hosting his many guests at Little York Bed & Breakfast, Robert also shares his passion for hospitality through inspiring his students at the Culinary Institute of Canada, Holland College as an instructor in the International Hospitality Management program, also as a board member and Past President of the Bed & Breakfast & Country Inns Association of Prince Edward Island, as a member of the Executive Board of the Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island (TIAPEI) and recently, accepting a Board position with the Tourism Advisory Council (TAC)to the Minister of Tourism.
He resides in his home with his cat, Kale; she is very friendly and welcomes everyone. She has her own spot to sleep..guestrooms are for guests not kitties!
Robert’s mantra is all about hospitality, “I want to share my home and our warm Maritime hospitality…so come in and sit a spell.the tea pot is on!”
Actually, coffee and tea are always available. In the afternoon refreshments and a tasty treat from the kitchen are provided. These can be enjoyed in the front living room while curled up reading a book or outside on the back deck while enjoying the afternoon sun.
What you will find at Little York Bed and Breakfast
- Free Parking
- Three of our guestrooms located on the second floor have Simmons Ezcellence Hotel Collection Plush Pillow Top Queen Size beds with en suite baths
- Our third floor features the Loft Suite … The “Loft” Suite feature stwo bedrooms and private bath. Your choice of either the bedroom with the King size bed or the bedroom with a Queen size bed. You may reserve either “Loft” bedroom or you may reserve the entire “Loft” Suite. Please note: The King size bed is a Simmons Excellence Hotel Collection Plush zipper link Pillow top that can be seperated to two twin beds.
- A full homemade breakfast and afternoon treat
- Free wireless high speed internet access
- Free local calls from your in-room telephone
- Our 2-acre property has casual gardens including a vegetable garden, large grandfather shade trees, a raspberry patch, and cherry and apple trees. There are many places to enjoy the sun or relax in the shade
- Close to the Confederation trail
- A short drive to golf, beaches, national parks and downtown Charlottetown where you will find many attractions, shops, theatre and restaurants.
- Information and assistance with making arrangements for your Island activities.
After your island excursion…When in season, stroll to the back of the property and pick raspberries and apples or stand under the old cherry tree and pluck succulent sour cherries. In the evening, sit outdoors and relax while enjoying some of the country’s most beautiful rural sunsets, then cozy up to the fire pit and roast your marshmallows…later, lay back and gaze at the stars.